Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This fish has an orange colour gravy and looks very presentable. This is the winning recipe of this week from the Thursday. It was submitted by Suganthi Kannan.
- 1 kg kingfish or 1 kg butterfish, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 green chilies, slit into two
- 20 curry leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind juice
- 15 whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind together all the ingredients listed under"masala" in a mixer/grinder/blender, using a little water, and make a paste.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion in it till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the ground masala paste and curry leaves.
- Fry on medium flame for another 3-5 minutes until the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add green chillies, tamarind juice, salt and a cup of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add fish pieces.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.