This is Bella Fernandes' prize winning recipe from the Thursday magazine's(March 25-31st'04) issue. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 -5 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 large onions
- 1Put all the ingredients mentioned under"Marinade" together in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add beef and mix well to coat with everything.
- 3Marinate for 10-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- 4Heat oil in a pan.
- 5Toss in the red chillies,allow to splutter and then add the chopped onion.
- 6Stir-fry until golden brown.
- 7Add the marinated beef pcs.
- 8to it.
- 9Cover and allow to cook till the water reduces to half.
- 10Cut the beef into thin slices when it is hot.
- 11Add it again to the vessel and cook on low flame until all the water dries up.
- 12Serve with chilli fried potatoes.
- 13You can use this recipe to prepare the stuffing for sandwiches.
- 14Use these slices of roast, lettuce, cucumber and tomato as per your taste and make great sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goan Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1433.6
- Calories from Fat 1327
- Total Fat 147.5 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g