This is Bella Fernandes' prize winning recipe from the Thursday magazine's(March 25-31st'04) issue. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 -5 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 large onions
- 1Put all the ingredients mentioned under"Marinade" together in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add beef and mix well to coat with everything.
- 3Marinate for 10-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- 4Heat oil in a pan.
- 5Toss in the red chillies,allow to splutter and then add the chopped onion.
- 6Stir-fry until golden brown.
- 7Add the marinated beef pcs.
- 8to it.
- 9Cover and allow to cook till the water reduces to half.
- 10Cut the beef into thin slices when it is hot.
- 11Add it again to the vessel and cook on low flame until all the water dries up.
- 12Serve with chilli fried potatoes.
- 13You can use this recipe to prepare the stuffing for sandwiches.
- 14Use these slices of roast, lettuce, cucumber and tomato as per your taste and make great sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goan Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1433.6
- Calories from Fat 1327
- Total Fat 147.5 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 124.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g