Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick & easy recipe for when you have no time to fuss yet need an easy and tasty appetizer. Adapted from Southern Living originally. At first, I thought the sauce ingredients sounded quite peculiar, but after my tasters inhaled 10 of these meatballs in seconds flat, I was no longer concerned ;) The sauce will turn a dark brown, and have be a sweet, tangy flavor with a horseradishy overtone.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jar jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen meatballs, mini size
- Combine cocktail sauce, jelly and minced onion in a large pot over medium heat, stirring until the jelly melts and everything is smooth and combined well.
- Add the meatballs, lower the heat, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are heated through and nicely coated with sauce (about 30-40 minutes).
- You can pop this into a small crockpot on low to keep warm during your party.
These were excellent. I added about 1/2 of a 10.5oz jar of Apple Jelly also to bring up the sweet side of the sweet/spicy combo. (I'm a wuss) Couldn't ask for anything easier for a pot luck or party recipe. Thanks for posting.
I made this for a Christmas buffet and they vanished in a flash. I went to get one and the crockpot was empty. I guess they are ok. Can't judge them on my tastes though.