Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted a granola that had all the ingredients I love and got sick of spending a ton of money to mix 3 or 4 types together so I came up with this recipe--hope you love it.
- 6 cups rolled oats (use six way rolled grain if you can find it)
- 2⁄3 cup honey roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2⁄3 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large stainless steel bowl mix gains and seeds.
- Bake mixture for 6 minutes, stir and bake an additional 6.
- In another bowl mix coconut and almonds.
- In a microwave-safe bowl place butter, sugar, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Heat till butter melts completely. Mix thoroughly and add vanilla.
- Whip to make thick sauce.
- Add coconut and grain mixtures, pour on sauce, and mix well.
- Bake 300° oven for 15 minutes stirring every 3 minutes. Remove, cool and add raisins. Store in air tight container.
I loved the inspiration!! Your's sounded great and it inspired me to make one but I changed it some. I made a small batch with 1/4 cup each of oat meal, sesame seed, coconuts, puffed corn cereal, puffed rice cereal, & almonds. I baked at 300 for 5 minutes. I sprayed some no calorie butter spray on 1/8 cup splenda & 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon till I had a paste, then mixed 1/4 c raisins and 1/4 cup chopped dates in with it. I added this mixture to the baked mix and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes and stirred it about every minute. THIS IS SOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm giving yours a 4 star rating because it sounds so good but after making mine it seems that yours might be cooked too long for me. Thanks for the great idea!!