Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe is a healthy alternative to the calorific original by adding flavor with a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix. Easy to make and packed with organic veggies, this dip is soooo good!
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 3 lbs fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- whole wheat pita bread, cut into 6 triangles
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2.) Mince garlic and shallot. Set aside.
- 3.) On medium heat in a non-stick pan heat olive oil for 30 seconds.
- 4.) Saute shallot and garlic until cooked through, 2 minutes.
- 5.) Add chopped spinach, saute until wilted, 1 minute.
- 6.) Add chopped artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, and chives. Saute until heated through, 3 minutes.
- 7.) Transfer hot mixture to to 9" glass baking dish.
- 8.) Stir in 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix, 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, and pinch of ground black pepper.
- 9.) Once everything is mixed well, spread evenly throughout baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- 10.) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until parmesan topping is golden brown.
- 11.) Optional - while dip is cooling, cut pita into 6 triangles and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5 minutes or until crisp.