Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Simple and Delicious Magazine and changed it to suit our tastes.
Make and share this Go-Go Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (lowfat or light not recommended)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise (about 20 inches)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Beat in the Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, basil and seasoned salt.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spread over cut sides of bread.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve warm.
Super yummy! Love the addition to mayo to the recipe, it adds such a delicious flavor and richness to the bread. I only had light mayo, and still really enjoyed the outcome. Can't wait to make again!
I liked this. It was rich and creamy, and looked really nice on the plate. I doubled the herbs and garlic, as that's how I like it. I was very pleased that this didn't have the oily texture that an all cheese bread typically does. I used sandwich rolls instead of a fresh loaf, as that's what I had on hand, and they worked very well. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
Easy and tasted good.