Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you feel as though you do not have time to sit down for breakfast than this is the recipe for you. When I have overripe bananas, I often peel and slice them and place in plasitic bags in the freezer. That way, I can pull them out whenever I want to make a thick smoothie like this one. From Nigella Lawson.
- 1 peeled banana, cut into 4, from the freezer
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons malted instant chocolate drink mix (recommended -- Ovaltine)
- 1 teaspoon strong coffee or 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Put all ingredients into a blender and whiz to mix.
- Pour into a tall glass and drink before dashing out of the door.
First time I made this, I found it too sweet. I now usually omit the honey. Great and quick smoothie recipe!