Recipe by Food By George
Found this recipe on line several years ago. Fine tuned it several times and ended up with this easy to make crock pot chicken that the whole family will LOVE. Be sure to save the "juice" after cooking so as to pour over your favorite rice.
- 3 -4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste after removing the bird
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from from the chicken. Skin will probably not come loose from wings so don't worry about it. Empty the cavity of contents. Wash thoroughly and place in the cooker breast side up.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients; mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.