Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A different approach to "the same-old-same- old pizza". Blue Cheese lovers---go for it! Makes terrific appetizers or with a supper salad as well. Ingredients amounts vary to allow recipe personalization. Variation: Cooked and chopped ham can be added.
- 1 purchased prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 -4 tablespoons italian seasoning
- freshly grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- In mixing bowl combine Alfredo sauce, garlic, onions, and blue cheese.
- Spread evenly over pizza shell.
- Place sliced tomatoes over sauce; sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and Italian Seasoning, to taste.
- Pre-heated pizza stone for crispy crust; scatter stone ground cornmeal over stone and place pizza on stone.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and heated thoroughly.
- Remove and sprinkle with Romano cheese; let set for about 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!