Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Everyday Italian.....Giada cleaning out frig and using items up to form this authentic dish. Even she uses jarred sauce to cut back on time. Can't wait to try.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce, heated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks.
- Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Form mixture in to small, flattened balls.
- Dredge the formed gnudi in flour to coat, tapping off the excess.
- Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water. Be gentle so they don't break apart. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan; work in batches if necessary.
- Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
- Arrange gnudi on a platter and lightly drizzle with marinara sauce.