Southern Lady's Note:
From Everyday Italian.....Giada cleaning out frig and using items up to form this authentic dish. Even she uses jarred sauce to cut back on time. Can't wait to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce, heated
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks.
- 3Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and flour.
- 4Form mixture in to small, flattened balls.
- 5Dredge the formed gnudi in flour to coat, tapping off the excess.
- 6Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water. Be gentle so they don't break apart. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan; work in batches if necessary.
- 7Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
- 8Arrange gnudi on a platter and lightly drizzle with marinara sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Gnudi
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g