Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a super quick recipe to make that tastes really great!
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly slice longwise (to make ribbons of zucchini)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (aged parmesan is great for this)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil a lg. saucepan of water and cook gnocchi; drain.
- At same time, melt butter in lg. skillet [med-high heat]. Brown butter [about 2 minutes]. Toss shallots and zucchini to pan, stirring often, 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper; stir often, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine gnocchi and skillet contents; stir to mix.
- Stir in parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
Hubby's new obsession is gnocchi, and this recipe was so quick and easy for our weeknight meal. I omitted the nutmeg and seasoned with a roasted garlic and red pepper flake blend. Served up with some Asiago Garlic Bread and a salad, we had a really simple meal that satisfied even me, as a sometimes picky eater.