Recipe by PeskyMac
This is a super quick recipe to make that tastes really great!
Top Review by Ms B.
Hubby's new obsession is gnocchi, and this recipe was so quick and easy for our weeknight meal. I omitted the nutmeg and seasoned with a roasted garlic and red pepper flake blend. Served up with some Asiago Garlic Bread and a salad, we had a really simple meal that satisfied even me, as a sometimes picky eater.
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly slice longwise (to make ribbons of zucchini)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (aged parmesan is great for this)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil a lg. saucepan of water and cook gnocchi; drain.
- At same time, melt butter in lg. skillet [med-high heat]. Brown butter [about 2 minutes]. Toss shallots and zucchini to pan, stirring often, 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, nutmeg, salt and pepper; stir often, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine gnocchi and skillet contents; stir to mix.
- Stir in parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.