Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe for just 1 person. It is ideal for singles like me. I haven't made this yet, but wanted to store it here because the magazine where the recipe is from (essen & trinken) will soon be in the hands of my magazine swap partner.
- 300 g yellow zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 ml cream
- 50 g gorgonzola, roughly cut
- 250 g gnocchi (fresh)
- 1 sprig basil
- Halve zucchini and cut into 1cm slices.
- Fry in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add 150ml cream and cook until it becomes thicker.
- Add gorgonzola and let it melt.
- Season with salt (only if necessary, the gorgonzola adds already salt to the sauce) and pepper.
- Cook gnocchi according to the instructions on the package.
- Strain gnocchi and add to the zucchini.
- Mix well, serve on a plate and sprinkle with the basil leaves.
I doubled the recipe which made ample servings of a really tasty lunch dish for three. I used green zucchini (I couldn’t find yellow), doubled the garlic, halved the oil (I used a non-stick pan) and I used a reduced fat cream which I always find creamy enough. I’ve made this for Pick a Chef 2006. Thank you, tigerduck, for an easy to make and yummy recipe, which came close in deliciousness to my nostalgic childhood memory of my first ever ravioli, enjoyed somewhere in the Swiss Alps, many decades ago! I actually selected this recipe – though it’s vastly different - with that ravioli in mind! Loved the basil on this!