Recipe by Celeste :)
MEAL IDEA: Serve with salad of baby greens, strawberries, and tomatoes with blue cheese vinaigrette. Complete your meal with garlic bread and cheesecake. *From Publix FamilyStyle magazine. PLEASE NOTE: one of the ingredients is supposed to read SEASONING BLEND (it is a blend of veggies that you can buy frozen at the grocery store).
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 ripe yellow tomatoes
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen bell peppers onions and celery
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) box gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pepper into quarters (discard seeds and membrane); cut pepper into 1/4" pieces. Remove core from tomatoes; cut tomatoes into 1/2" chunks. Stack basil leaves; slice into thin strips. Set all aside.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in saute pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and seasoning blend; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring often, or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in wine, chicken base, tomatoes, bell pepper, basil, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat on tomato mixture to medium; cook 15 minute, stirring occasionally, or until all vegetables are soft and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for gnocchi.
- Stir gnocchi into boiling water (separating, if needed). Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Stir butter and cheese into tomato mixture; cook 3 minutes or until cheese and butter melts. Dran gnocchi; toss with tomato sauce and serve.