Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use store bought gnocchi to make this deliciously rich dish.
- 2 lbs gnocchi (storebought just fine)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lbs mixed fresh wild mushrooms
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat olive oil with butter.
- Add mushrooms and shallots and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, 12 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add the broth, cream and thyme.
- season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain well.
- Add gnocchi to the mushrooms and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
a superb way to use the fresh morels i found at the store, and chanterelles. Delicious!
This is a great sidedish or meatless meal. I had gnocchi and didn't want to add meat so this was just what I was looking for.