Recipe by Tara
I had a similar recipe at a local winery, I loved it so much I came home and invented it. This is pretty close. Everyone I have made it for liked it, a good meal or side dish. I found no extra spices were needed and the juice from the veggies made a good sauce.
Top Review by Ms B.
This is an excellent dish. I used only olive oil and not butter to saute the veggies. I also omitted the eggplant and instead used 2 small, sliced zucchini. I tossed in a small diced tomato with the sauteed veggies, too. I also used heavy cream instead of just milk to make a richer "sauce". I often prepare a side dish similar to this during the summer with garden produce. Adding the gnocchi makes it a complete meal that is rich and satisfying. Yum. We will make this again.
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsfrozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 3 cups of raw spinach
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Put oil in a large pot and sauté onion and garlic on medium heat about 3 minutes, add peppers and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Add remaining veggies, cover and turn to low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add cooked gnocchi, milk, Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with a bit more Parmesan.