Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light. December 2007.
Make and share this Gnocchi With Turkey, Peas, and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen tiny peas, slightly thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) packagevacuum-packed gnocchi
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add garlic and turkey to pan; cook 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- Add crushed red and ground red peppers; cook 1 minute. Spoon turkey mixture into a bowl.
- Re-coat pan with cooking spray; return pan to medium-high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in turkey mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cover and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add gnocchi to pan; cook just until gnocchi begin to float.
- Drain gnocchi, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Combine turkey mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup cooking liquid, and gnocchi in a large bowl; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Serve warm.