Recipe by tosin.obileye
This is a delicious meal, excellent as a light lunch or as a side to any grilled meats or fish with a salad. I love it because its so quick and easy to make. You can also customize this recipe to your taste!
- 500 g gnocchi
- 2 (400 g) canspeeled plum tomatoes
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1 fresh red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g fresh Baby Spinach
- black pepper
- fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the shallots.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sautee the shallots, garlic and chilli. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the spinach leaves, allow to wilt.
- In the meantime boil the gnocchi in salted water until they float to the surface (about 3 minutes).
- Add to the tomato sauce and stir well. Just before serving sprinkle with fresh basil.