Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from the Rachael Ray Show! I substituted 1 cup of evaporated skim milk for the chicken broth and used frozen kale instead of spinach and it came out wonderful and creamy! The sauce will thicken up off heat!
- 2 (17 ounce) packages gnocchi
- 3⁄4 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet over medium high heat until they are golden brown and smell toasted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over low heat in a medium size skillet.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and bring up to a bubble.
- Once the stock is simmering, add the Gorgonzola crumbles and toss until cheese is melted.
- Add the gnocchi to the skillet and toss to coat.
- Spoon gnocchi into bowls and sprinkle walnuts on top.