Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe that my grandmother used to make often because it was so easy and so tasty! I usually double the batch because the leftovers are so much better after the flavors have melded. You would serve this like a spaghetti and sauce so the amount of sauce you use depends on if you like a heavy amount sauce and light noodles. Also, be sure to modify the amount of oil used if necessary for diet needs. We tend to use a bit more than most because we love how it blends with the other ingredients. The ingredients in this recipe are easy to modify for personal taste without it affecting the overall dish. For our family, I don't usually season. The garlic is enough for us. Enjoy!
- In frying pan, heat oil and saute garlic over medium heat until slightly cooked.
- Add spinach and saute, cooking about 10 minutes until spinach is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta sauce and seasoning if desired to spinach and garlic and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Cook gnocci in boiling water about 4 minutes or according to package directions and drain.
- Serve sauce over gnocci.
- NOTE: You can use as much or as little pasta sauce in the spinach mixture as you'd like according to taste.
Hello NewAtCooking, we really enjoyed eating this dish! Added crushed red pepper flakes, Italian Seasoning and used much less olive oil - used cooking spray with olive oil taste. Thank you for sharing this great recipe. Made & reviewed for "I Recommend ... A New Thread" from rickoholic83's recommendation, Diane :)
So easy and so tasty is absolutely correct! I threw this together last night while knowing I would need something quick to heat up tonight after our first track meet. I loved it and do agree it's better when allowed to sit. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, NAC! **Made for Spring PAC 2008**