Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is espectacular. But the only thing is YOU HAVE TO FINISHED DE SAME DAY AS YOU COOKED. YUMMMMMMMMM
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine (good quality)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with oregano & basil
- 1⁄4 cup butter (cut in cubes 1-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 2 lbs gnocchi
- In large skillet heat olive oil in medium hi and saute garlic and chilli flakes until golden brown (do not burned).
- Add wine and chicken broth and simmer reduce to half (10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add butter (cut in 1" cubes and parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- PUREE IN YOUR BLENDER HALF OF THE SAUCE and combine with the rest of the salsa.
- Cook gnocchi accaording to package directions and mix with the salsa.
- Serve gnocchi topped with parmesan cheese on top and basil. (SERVE INMEDIATELY).
- Add cream to sauce to add richeness OR.
- Add vegetables of choice to sauce OR.
- Add saute chicken strips to sauce.
Probably one of the best sauces I have had and goes very well with gnocchi - will probably try adding some black Olives because my husband loves them. Thanks for an excellent recipe which will be past around to friends.
This is an excellent recipe. The sauce would be good on any type of pasta. I did leave out the butter since I did not have any. Delicious!