Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I have always been a lover of broccoli rabe, having eaten it at my Italian grandmother's house since early childhood. However, I have never really been a sausage fan. Having seen the two ingredients on Italian restaurant menus for quite some time now, I decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did. The combination really is very flavorful.
Top Review by mandabears
This was awesome! DH and I loved everything about this recipe. The instructions on our Gnocchi only called for 2 minutes of cook time, so we cooked the Broccoli Rabe and Gnocchi together for 2 minutes and it worked perfectly. We used Hot Italian Turkey Sausage. DH just kept on eating and saying Wow between bites. Thanks Jackie for this great recipe.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli rabe, tough stems removed and coarsely chopped, about 8 cups
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black oil-cured olives, preferably kalamata, halved
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding broccoli rabe during the last 5 minutes of cooking time; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Over medium heat, add olives, wine, garlic and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until wine is slightly reduced, 5-7 minutes.
- Add gnocchi mixture; cook, stirring, 3 minutes; stir in reserved cooking water and 3/4 cup cheese until combined. Serve sprinkled with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.