Recipe by dicentra
This is from Rachael Ray’s 365: No Repeats. This looks like such a good fall comfort food dish. And easy too! Use store-bought gnocchi. Reheats well the next day.
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch red swiss chard, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water and cook the gnocchi according to package directions.
- While the water is coming to a boil, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the sausage and break it up into small pieces.
- Cook until the sausage id browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, then add the Swiss chard; toss to wilt it into the pan.
- Add the wine, cook for 1 minute, then add the chicken stock and continue to cook for 3 or 4 more minutes.
- Add the cooked and drained gnocchi, toss to coat and distribute, and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off and add the cheese; stir to combine. Serve.