Recipe by dicentra
From Real Simple.
Top Review by Dwynnie
This was very good--and for once, I made as written! Next time, I would make a few adjustments. I would cut the pepper in half (personal taste), and add half again the amount of spinach and gnocchi. Very easy for a good weeknight dinner and definitely a keeper! Thank you!
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated gnocchi or 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packageshelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Add the drained gnocchi, the reserved cooking liquid, and the Parmesan and toss.
- Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.