Recipe by English_Rose
The flavour of the sage works well with gnocchi, mushrooms & mascarpone.
Top Review by lizziesue
This was absolutely delicious! I did add garlic because we put it in everything! It was very rich and filling! We are most certainly adding this to the regular menu! Thanks so much!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 5 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh sage, leaves removed from stalks & finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1 lb gnocchi
- parmesan cheese, shavings to serve (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil, add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in the sage, mascarpone and seasoning to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi following instructions on the pack. Drain, reserving approximately 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid and place the gnocchi in a serving dish.
- Stir the reserved liquid into the sauce, pour over the gnocchi and serve straight away garnished with fresh sage leaves and parmesan shavings.