Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hi there i used to make this for my partner before we became vegan the gnocchi and parmesan are the only parts which prevents us from eating it. Funny that! I also put raw sugar on the onion, my partner gets a sore tummy and it seems to dull it down and make it sweet
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and finely diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g gnocchi, ready made potato gnocchi
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra for serving
- Halve pepper, remove core, seeds and white membranes, then chop fresh finely. Put pepper in a medium frying pan with onion and oil. Cook over a low to medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often, until very tender. Blend in the garlic, rosemary and zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook gnocchi in gently boiling water until they bob up to the surface and stay there. Carefully drain them then put them in the pan with the sauce and toss gently. Fold through the grated parmesan cheese. Serve in the pan or transfer to a heated serving bowl. Serve with extra parmesan cheese.
This recipe is amazing..... but with my own little twist to it. Instead of the parmesan cheese I add feta just as it is finishing up. It is my favourite go to recipe. Thanks for posting it I always look for a different way to make gnocchi.