Recipe by dicentra
Trader Joes sometimes has spinach gnoccchi. That would be fabulous with this dish.
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 (32 ounce) container reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly shaved parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into a bowl, and mash with fork; set aside.
- Stir together oil and sage in a small skillet, and cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and crisp.
- Remove leaves, and drain on a paper towel; reserve oil.
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup broth. Add gnocchi and reserved oil to roasted garlic in bowl.
- Add reserved 1/4 cup chicken broth, chopped tomatoes, and pepper, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and sage leaves; serve immediately.