Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use white, brown, shitake or oyster mushrooms or any combination
Make and share this Gnocchi With Mushroom Clam Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (85 g) can clams
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- potato gnocchi
- Saute onions and celery in butter until soft.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add mushrooms and cook five minutes.
- Gradually sprinkle flour into mushroom mixture.
- Add clams and juice.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and cayenne.
- Add the milk a little at a time, stirring until thick.
- Serve over cooked gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This had great flavorand was easy and quick to make!!!!! I used olive oil instead of butter and omitted the celery and cayenne. Thanks for sharing!!!