Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I use store bought gnocchi, homemade spaghetti sauce and homemade meatballs. Here's a recipe for meatballs: Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
- 1 (32 ounce) package gnocchi (frozen or shelf stable)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or 32 oz homemade sauce)
- 16 -20 meatballs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- Boil the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the marinara sauce and meatballs in a microwave dish and cook on high for a few minutes until heated through.
- Combine sauce/meatball mix with the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella, if desired.
- If Baking:.
- Follow steps 1 through 3 and place in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Top with mozzarella and bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 25 minutes, until heated through.
My first time making (and eating) gnocchi. I used a shelf-stable package and home-made spaghetti sauce (Recipe # 170959). The spaghetti sauce already had a lot of meat in it, so I did not add the meatballs. Instead, I sauteed some zucchini slices and added them. I made the baked version. Really wonderful, filling comfort food.
This dinner was delicious. I used Vita packaged potato gnocchi (shelf-stable), Dancer's recipe #5415 for the marina sauce, and some recipe #81054 that I had in the freezer. This would make a really quick and easy dinner if you buy the marina sauce and some frozen meatballs too. Will definitely make again. Update: Made this again using M&M frozen Italian meatballs, purchased marina sauce, and served it with caesar salad. Talk about quick, easy, and delicious!