Top Review by Ginny Sue
My first time making (and eating) gnocchi. I used a shelf-stable package and home-made spaghetti sauce (Recipe # 170959). The spaghetti sauce already had a lot of meat in it, so I did not add the meatballs. Instead, I sauteed some zucchini slices and added them. I made the baked version. Really wonderful, filling comfort food.
- 1 (32 ounce) package gnocchi (frozen or shelf stable)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or 32 oz homemade sauce)
- 16 -20 meatballs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the marinara sauce and meatballs in a microwave dish and cook on high for a few minutes until heated through.
- Combine sauce/meatball mix with the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella, if desired.
- If Baking:.
- Follow steps 1 through 3 and place in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Top with mozzarella and bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 25 minutes, until heated through.