Recipe by dicentra
This comes from my 20 minute meals cookbook. Also on the "Happy Italian Family Meal" menu is salad with red wine vinaigrette and mascarpone tiramisu. YUM!
Top Review by bobafemme
I used fat free half&half since I could not find light cream in the store. At first I thought the sauce in the pan was way to liquidy so I kept boiling/reducing. It turns out that reducing is not needed (it reduced while broiling). I love this dish and will make again and again (when I'm cheating calorie/fat-wise)
- 1 lb gnocchi, store bought
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 quarts water in a deep skillet to boiling. Preheat the broiler.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish or gratin dish with cooking spray.
- Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook until they float, about 3 minutes. Remove to prepared baking dish with a slotted spoon.
- Combine cheese, butter, cream and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, whisking occasionally until smooth; pour over gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Broil 6 inches from heat source until bubbly, about 5 minutes.