Recipe by dicentra
Gnocchi with clams? I never would have thought of that! This is from Cooking Light.
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt.
- While the gnocchi are cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and clams. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thick.
- Stir basil into sauce; cook 30 seconds. Serve over the gnocchi.