Gnocchi With Creamy Tomato Porcini Sauce
- Place porcini in medium bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over. Let stand until porcini are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove porcini from water, reserving soaking liquid. Finely chop porcini.
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add porcini and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add cream and 3/4 cup soaking liquid, leaving any sediment behind in bowl. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce; bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to simmer before using.).
- Cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Add gnocchi to sauce and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates. Serve, passing Parmesan separately.