Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've made this a couple of times and love the taste and depth of the dish.
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced (such as oyster and Swiss brown)
- 1 cup chicken stock, no added salt
- 2 (375 g) gnocchi
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 ml evaporated low-fat milk
- Place a large saucepan of hot water on medium heat, cover and bring to the boil. Heat oil in a frying pan, add garlic and leek, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms and stock, and cook for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have absorbed most of the stock. Stir in 1 cup of the evaporated milk.
- Blend cornflour with remaining milk, add to the pan, bring to the boil, and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add thyme, stirring, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Remove from heat and drain well. Serve with creamy sauce.
Lovely side dish. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)