Recipe by KristinV
This is the ultimate in rich comfort food. It may seem creamy and high fat but the lack of dairy leaves you with all the flavour but none of the guilt. Also perfect for vegetarians, vegans etc. Add some broccoli, chicken etc for a boost. A MUST FOR GARLIC LOVERS
- 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1⁄2 brown onion, chopped
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 300 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 500 g gnocchi
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan melt 2 tbsp vegan margarine.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until the onion is transparent, then add mushrooms, basil, salt & pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Add remaining margarine and olive oil and combined well.
- in a seperate bowl/container combine the soy milk and corn flour well and add to the mushroom mixture.
- Stir until thick and then remove from heat.
- Cook gnocchi as per instructions and add to the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.