Recipe by Lainey6605
The cottage cheese melts and the flavor is great in this Italian comfort meal. Gnocchi is the Italian name for a variety of thick, soft noodles or dumpling. They are often filled with potatoes. You can usually find them in the freezer section of your grocery store by the ravioli and other frozen pastas.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Good! Made this tonight for dinner as I had everything on hand. I used less bacon and added several sprigs of fresh thyme after reading bluemoon downunder's review. I used low-fat cottage cheese but did not find that it melted down, maybe because it was low-fat version or because my gnocchi wasn't hot enough. Thanks for posting - I don't make pasta often but would use it again.
- 2 lbs potato gnocchi
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 lb bacon
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the gnocchi, according to package directions.
- While gnocchi is cooking, fry the pound of bacon in a skillet.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels and pat to remove excess grease.
- Cut or break (depending on how crispy you like your bacon) the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Drain the gnocchi and put back into boiling pot.
- Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Add bacon pieces last to maintain crispness.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Leftovers can be heated in a pan with a little butter.