1/1 Photo of Gnocchi With Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Fennel
From Cooking Light. April 2008. Trader Joe's has the most wonderful chicken sausages that would be perfect for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces chicken sausage, casing removed and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Cook the gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the gnocchi in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep gnocchi warm.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- 3Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add fennel, bell pepper, and onion to pan; cook 13 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add sausage, gnocchi, cheese, black pepper, and reserved cooking liquid to pan; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi With Chicken Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: