From Cooking Light. April 2008. Trader Joe's has the most wonderful chicken sausages that would be perfect for this dish.
- 453.59 g gnocchi
- 9.85 ml olive oil, divided
- 170.09 g chicken sausage, casing removed and sliced
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced fennel
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced onion
- 118.29 ml freshly grated asiago cheese
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the gnocchi in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep gnocchi warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add fennel, bell pepper, and onion to pan; cook 13 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage, gnocchi, cheese, black pepper, and reserved cooking liquid to pan; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.