Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had a dish similar to this in a local restaurant and decided to improvise. It is absolutely delicious, though not diet food. Great with fresh Italian rolls and a salad.
- 1 lb gnocchi (fresh or frozen is best)
- 2 -4 cloves garlic
- 6 -10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto or 6 slices parma ham, thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over med.
- low heat and saute garlic until softin a large non-stick frying pan.
- Meanwhile, grate cheeses and slice the prosciutto in strips.
- Tear or chop the the basil into small pieces.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water as directed on package.
- When cooked, drain gnocchi and add to oil and garlic in pan and toss until pasta is coated with oil.
- Add prosciutto and toss.
- Transfer to serving dish and add cheeses, tossing pasta till coated.
- Garnish with fresh ground pepper to taste and the chopped basil.
I fully intended on taking photos of this, but my mouth was watering and all I could do was eat it! No time for pictures! This was amazing! I love it. First time for prosciutto and fontina, but man will I be using those again. Thanks for the great recipe!
Delicious and simple! I used recipe #338498 to make the gnocchi. I had some fontina to use up and because I don't buy it very often, I wanted a recipe where the fontina stood out, this was perfect! The other ingredients paired well with the fontina as well. Thanks for sharing!
I loved this!!!! I used Fontenella cheese instead of Fontina. It had a nice sharp flavor. Makes a great side dish.