Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light. April 2008.
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 4 minutes. Remove broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon, and place in a colander; drain.
- Add gnocchi to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain gnocchi in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli rabe, gnocchi, and reserved cooking liquid to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Place 1 1/4 cups gnocchi mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
This recipe was great, we had everything on hand and used homemade gnocchi Recipe #328329, we subbed broccoli for the broccoli rabe and worked perfectly.
this is the world's BEST!!!! gnocchi!!!!! there is a restaurant in Ocala where this is always one of the Monday specials. All DH and I have to do is walk in the place and I even NOT have to order it, lol. LOVE IT!!!!!!!