Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light. April 2008.
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 4 minutes. Remove broccoli rabe with a slotted spoon, and place in a colander; drain.
- Add gnocchi to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain gnocchi in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli rabe, gnocchi, and reserved cooking liquid to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Place 1 1/4 cups gnocchi mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
This recipe was great, we had everything on hand and used homemade gnocchi Potato and Parmesan Gnocchi, we subbed broccoli for the broccoli rabe and worked perfectly.
this is the world's BEST!!!! gnocchi!!!!! there is a restaurant in Ocala where this is always one of the Monday specials. All DH and I have to do is walk in the place and I even NOT have to order it, lol. LOVE IT!!!!!!!