Recipe by katew
Perfect TV dinner from Delicious magazine - I made a few changes and it was a great success.It is a bit of a slow job shelling the beans but well worth it !!
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Scanning through a cookbook for ZWT3 and came on this recipe. Since I had a tin of broad beans and some gnocchi in the freezer, decided it would be a quick and simple Saturday supper. With the canned beans, this was supper quick and supper was on the table in less than 30 minutes. The beans and gnocchi are an odd combination, but they actually work together well because the garlic laced tomato sauce unifies the two ingredients. A lttle shaved parmesan and a good dose of fresh basil and your set for a delicious meal. I would imagine that fresh/fozen broad beans would be even better.
- 500 g frozen broad beans
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 500 g potato gnocchi
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broad beans according to pack.
- Drain, refresh and slip beans out of their tough outer skin and set aside.
- Heat oil in pot and fry garlic for a minute or 2.
- Add tomatoes, cook further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water according to instructions on pack.
- Drain and toss with sauce, season well and serve.
- Top with chopped basil and shaved parmesan.