Recipe by EmilyStrikesAgain
Recipe from the Chicago Tribune is subtitled "Gnocchi with BLT flavors- what's not to like?" Very quick to make!
Top Review by LianneNC
This recipe recently ran in our newspaper (they provide a "quick & easy" recipe most weekdays) and I gave it a try since I had a package of gnocchi in my cupboard. I increased the recipe, though: a pound of bacon, half a red onion & half a white onion, regular parsley, a pint of cherry tomatoes (halved) and some Italian seasoning (my package of gnocchi was 16 oz.). I did drain off almost all of the bacon fat after cooking it until it started to brown a bit. This was a big hit with me and my husband-- I had a serving and, over the course of the evening, he ate the rest! I'll probably have to limit how often we have it, since it's sooo tempting to him. It is good, quick, easy and different!
- 4 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (13 ounce) packagepotato gnocchi
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring often, until onion starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan of water to a boil; add gnocchi, cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 of the cooking water.
- Add some of the cooking water to the skillet; cook, stirring, to make a sauce. Add parsley, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Heat, about 1 minute. Add gnocchi; toss to coat. Serve with Parmesian cheese, if desired.