Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Spring gnocchi!
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add shallots and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute. Serve with cheese.
Fresh & fantastic! I loved this springy gnocchi. It tasted healthy, but filling. Very pretty. Loved that this did not have a heavy cream or tomato sauce. Will make again.