Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A DELICIOUS invention inspired by a trip to the local Italian market
- 500 g gnocchi (I used spelt gnocchi, but any neutral flavoured kind will do)
- 2 -4 teaspoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes (depending on spice tolerance)
- 100 g morels, diced (or other available fresh mushrooms)
- 3 cups arugula, minced
- 1⁄2 cup taleggio, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- arugula leaf, for garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan over med heat. Add garlic and chili flakes, cook 2 min, until garlic is fragrant but NOT brown.
- Add mushrooms and desired amount of salt and pepper, cook until mushrooms are beginning to soften.
- Add gnocchi, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover, add arugula, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir in shredded taleggio before serving, garnish with arugula leaves.
- NOTE: some packaged gnocchi says you must boil them, but most cook beautifully using this method.