Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple, delicious and easy to make elegant meal for gnocchi lovers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepperoncini pepper, crushed
- 480 g artichoke hearts, cut into quarters (2 cans Ã 390 g)
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup broth (vegetable, from half a cube)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1200 g potato gnocchi
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes, from a can
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- Sauté garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes; add crushed pepperoncini, stir.
- Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in white wine and broth, stir to combine and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, mix and combine all the ingredients, cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a lot of salted water, drain. Toss to coat with the artichoke and tomato sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sauce: sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes in olive oil, add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, stir, cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add basil and oregano.