Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh grated Parmesan REALLY tops this buttery romantic dish. Came up with this when I was trying to mimic a dish I had eaten in our famous North End.
- 59.14 ml butter (more or less)
- 2.46 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1-2 minced shallot
- 354.88 ml halved grape tomatoes
- 354.88 ml mushrooms, sliced (crimini or white button)
- 354.88 ml fresh Baby Spinach (frozen spinach work well too, just SQUEEZE the water out)
- 4.92 ml thyme
- kosher salt
- 59.14 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 283.49 g gnocchi, cooked accoring to directions (I buy from Trader Joes)
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter with 1/2 tsp of olive oil (this prevents the butter from burning) over med heat until melted.
- Add garlic and shallots.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, until soft.
- Add cherry tomatoes and kosher salt to taste.
- Cook 8 minutes on low heat covered, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach and thyme.
- Cook low for 5-8 more minutes.
- Add 1 -2 tbsp more butter and a tiny bit of water to make a sauce to coat. Yum!
- Add pepper.
- Turn off heat, add Parmesan and hot cooked gnocchi.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is SO fantastic! Great comfort food and such a perfect combo of flavors.
Fabulous, exactly what I was looking for! I was getting ready to create a similar version, but decided to search first, and I found your excellent recipe. I added a can of drained/rinsed quartered artichoke hearts, sauteed with the shallots & garlic (I had the artichokes in my head before I searched). Otherwise, the only thing I changed was less butter (used more olive oil), and it was fantastic! Thank you!
Oh, oh, oh, BostonBean! This was delicious. Enjoyed tonight with pork loin as company. I had made those oven roasted grape tomatoes from this site and used those vs fresh. Everything else I did the same. Just heavenly...thank you so much for posting :)