Fresh grated Parmesan REALLY tops this buttery romantic dish. Came up with this when I was trying to mimic a dish I had eaten in our famous North End.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter (more or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1 -2 minced shallot
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced (crimini or white button)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Baby Spinach (frozen spinach work well too, just SQUEEZE the water out)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces gnocchi, cooked accoring to directions (I buy from Trader Joes)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of butter with 1/2 tsp of olive oil (this prevents the butter from burning) over med heat until melted.
- 2Add garlic and shallots.
- 3Cook 1-2 minutes, until soft.
- 4Add cherry tomatoes and kosher salt to taste.
- 5Cook 8 minutes on low heat covered, until soft.
- 6Add mushrooms and 1 tbsp of butter.
- 7Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Add baby spinach and thyme.
- 9Cook low for 5-8 more minutes.
- 10Add 1 -2 tbsp more butter and a tiny bit of water to make a sauce to coat. Yum!
- 11Add pepper.
- 12Turn off heat, add Parmesan and hot cooked gnocchi.
- 13Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi W/ Garlic, Spinach, Mushroom & Grape Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.9
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 401.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: