1/9 Photos of Gnocchi & Tomato Bake (With Freezing Instructions)
This sounds good for anybody looking for a quick and tasty meal. It is vegetarian too which is always great in my books. I originally found this recipe in the September 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe states that the dish can be frozen for up to a month. It says to just defrost and bake in a medium oven for 20 - 30 minutes until piping hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat grill / broiler to high.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then soften the onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic, fry for 1 minute, tip in the tomatoes and gnocchi, then bring to simmer.
- 4Bubble for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is soft and the sauce has thickened.
- 5Season, stir through the basil, then transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- 6Scatter with the mozzarella, then grill / broil for 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- 7This dish can be frozen for up to a month. Just defrost and bake in a medium oven for 20 - 30 minutes until piping hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi & Tomato Bake (With Freezing Instructions)
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 207.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: