I saw a recipe in "Cuisine Tonight" magazine but then found a similar recipe on a food blog that credited "The Noble Pig." So I don't know who to credit. I haven't tried this yet but it looks awesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb gnocchi, homemade (or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, pressed (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fontina, grated (magazine said 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup gruyere, grated (magazine said 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, powdered
- 1/4-1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, seasoned (really just depends on what kind of breadcrumb-to-cheese ratio you want for the topping)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place the gnocchi in salted, boiling water and cook until they’ve floated to the surface for a couple of minutes.
- 3Drain and place gnocchi in a single-layer in a 1-1/2 quart shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 4Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 6Whisk in flour until it thickens and bubbles, then whisk in milk and dijon.
- 7Continue to whisk mixture and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- 8Combine the gruyere and fontina, and then add the cheese by the handful to milk mixture, stirring until melted before adding more.
- 9Once all the cheese is melted, taste the sauce and season it with salt and pepper.
- 10Pour sauce evenly over the gnocchi.
- 11In a small bowl, combine the parmesan and panko – then, sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the gnocchi.
- 12Bake the gnocchi until they puff and the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 13Let the gnocchi rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi Mac 'n Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: