Recipe by katew
Taken from a magazine article on cooking within a budget - looks fabulous if done as individual gratins.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I made this as described, a very easy dish that suited us perfectly. Personal taste, I could have done with a little more chili, but it was perfect for DH. I prepared it on the stove, plated it and popped the plates under the grill to brown, this would have made a better presentation in gratin dishes as you suggest :). Thank you Kate, another winner, loved this (and DH says, even better the next day ;) ). Made for PMMR, Oz/Nz tag game, Christmas edition
- 2 (800 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 0.25 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml frsh basil, chopped
- 500 g gnocchi, fresh, store bought
- 125 g bocconcini
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes, oil, garlic, chilli flakes, sugar, basil and salt and pepper.
- in a medium pot.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes on low.
- Cook gnocchi in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Drain well, divide between 4 baking dishes, place on baking tray.
- Spoon over prepared tomato chill sauce.
- Pre heat grill, top each dish with sliced bocconcini.
- Grill 3 - 4 minutes till golden brown and serve.