Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light.
- 1 (22 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour, salt and pepper to pan, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add Gruyere, chives and bacon; stir until smooth. Add gnocchi; toss well.
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
I really liked this recipe! I substituted fontina cheese because that is what I had on hand and I didn't bake it afterwards.
It was not pretty to look at but tasted okay. I didn't have regular bacon so I used turkey bacon and it just wasn't the same. I will try it again.